- Learn from chapter members who will provide mentorship and support by sharing their PMBOK® knowledge and industry expertise;
- Learn from recent exam writers on their experiences preparing for the exam;
- Meet like-minded people who are preparing to write the same exam.
The study group is an excellent forum to review the terms and concepts, discuss and clarify issues which may not be easy to understand, and relate to project management practices in different organizations.
Schedule and Fees
The PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter will host one open house session and five group sessions. All sessions will be held at the Edwards School of Business – K.W. Nasser Centre (256 3rd Avenue South)
|Open House – PM Introduction|
|Session 1 – Integration & Scope|
|Session 2 – Time & Cost|
|Session 3 – Quality & HR|
|Session 4 – Communications & Risk|
|Session 5 – Procurement & Stakehholder|
The open house and sessions are held at Edwards School of Business – K.W. Nasser Centre (256 3rd Avenue South), starting at 6 pm each night. The cost is $30.00 for members, $45.00 for non-members.
Open House Session (1.5 hour session)
- This session will provide an opportunity for registered participants and potential participants to learn about the program and resources available to them to prepare for the certification exam; and
- Review exam qualification requirements.
Group Sessions (3 hours per session)
- A mentor will provide overview presentations for the first three chapters of the PMBOK® – Fifth Edition to relay the foundation and basics, and provide tips and tricks for the exam prep and highlight key learning areas;
- A recent exam writer will share their experiences preparing for the exam;
- The group will share their resources and studying philosophy; and
- At the end of the three group sessions, participants will be encouraged to form their own study groups or pair up with a study accountability partner.